2006年04月份全国自考英语 二 真题
一、Vocabulary and Structure 10 points,1 point each 从下列各句四个选项中选出
1. It would be better to make a decision now,______ leave it until next week.
A. other than
B. rather than
C. less than
D. more than
2. We’ll inform you as soon as tickets become ______.
3. The foreign company has been ______ running this factory for decades.
4. If you ______ my advice,you wouldn’t be in such trouble now.
C. has taken
D. had taken
5. The meeting ______,we left the room quickly for dinner.
B. was over
C. is over
D. been over
6. All the money ______,Frederick started looking for work.
A. having spent
B. has been spent
C. having been spent
D. had been spent
7. ______ his talk when Mary ran out of the lecture hall.
A. Hardly had he begun
B. Hardly he had begun
C. Hardly he has begun
D. He hardly had begun
8. The two sisters are ______ in many ways, not only in appearance but also in
9. The purpose of the program is to provide training for employees so that they
can work ______.
10. I hope my boy friend will be handsome,strong and ______ kind.
A. above all
B. in all
C. at all
D. after all
二、Cloze Test 10 points,1 point each 下列短文中有十个空白，每个空白有四个选
1. However careful one may be, he cannot possibly listen carefully to everything
that he hears. There are 1 of reasons for this. One of them is the overload of
messages most of us 2 each day. In addition to the numerous hours we 3 hearing other
people speak, we may spend several hours listening to the radio or sitting in front
of a television set. 4, it is impossible to focus our attention completely on what
is said; our mind might be 5 elsewhere. P