New Standard English Book 4
2. Janet : go back to China,do my master’s (which means going back to university),live in London,become a teacher,work in publishing,apply for a job at London Time Off,update my CV and look for jobs together.
Andy: leave London,go to China,look for jobs together.
3. the true statements are 2 and 8.
5. 1.Joe was a gofer before he became a researcher for Lift Off UK.
2.Andy wants Joe’s job as a producer.
6. 1(d) 2(d) 3(a) 4(c)
7. 1 It’s not always very easy working with
2.How did he end up in London
3.the least experienced person
4.He’s good at his job
5.He’s confident and very competent
6.I get on with him quite well
8. 1(b) 2(b) 3(a) 4(a) 5(b)
2. the true statements Samantha agrees with are:1,2,3 and 4.
4. 1.She needs to improve her interview techniques to help her to get a job
2.She doesn’t know how to answer the questions and give answers that might lead her failure in a job interview.
3.She doesn’t understand what the interviewer is actually looking for.
4.That you need to be well prepared for an interview. It boils down to preparation,presentation and understanding what the interviewer is looking for.
5. 1.professional job coach
2.research on the position and the company
3.having not practised with some of the questions
4.how you present yourself
5.what the interviewer is actually looking for
6.preparation,presentation and understanding
7.in relationship to the job
8.some examples in your life
9.dealing with problems
7. the pieces of advice the speakers give are:1,3,5,7,8,9,10 and 11.
Canadian ice hockey players The beatles Bill Gates Good luck Money Hard work, practice and training √ √ Plenty of time Supportive family Being in the right place at the right time √ Bein