- 1、本文档共10页,可阅读全部内容。
- 2、原创力文档(book118)网站文档一经付费(服务费),不意味着购买了该文档的版权,仅供个人/单位学习、研究之用,不得用于商业用途,未经授权,严禁复制、发行、汇编、翻译或者网络传播等,侵权必究。
- 3、本站所有内容均由合作方或网友上传,本站不对文档的完整性、权威性及其观点立场正确性做任何保证或承诺!文档内容仅供研究参考,付费前请自行鉴别。如您付费,意味着您自己接受本站规则且自行承担风险,本站不退款、不进行额外附加服务;查看《如何避免下载的几个坑》。如果您已付费下载过本站文档,您可以点击 这里二次下载。
- 4、如文档侵犯商业秘密、侵犯著作权、侵犯人身权等,请点击“版权申诉”(推荐),也可以打举报电话:400-050-0827(电话支持时间:9:00-18:30)。
查看更多
Eads Bridge Highway Deck Reconstruction
Eads Bridge Highway Deck Reconstruction
Author:
Michael J. Cronin, P.E, S.E., Jacobs Engineering, 501 North Broadway, St. Louis, MO
63102 michael.cronin@
INTRODUCTION
The Eads Bridge, the first bridge to span the Mississippi River at St. Louis, was dedicated
on July 4, 1874. The double deck structure is a National Historic Landmark that has
carried countless horse drawn wagons, locomotives, automobiles, trucks and pedestrians.
For most of its history, the Eads Bridge was owned by various railroads. The
Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis operated the upper highway deck as toll
bridge even after the lower rail deck was closed in 1974. The City of St. Louis acquired
the bridge in 1989 and donated the lower level to be used by the community’s light rail
system, MetroLink. The lower rail deck was rehabilitated and re-opened in 1993 when
MetroLink debuted. The upper roadway deck became structurally deficient and the
bridge was closed to highway traffic in 1991 during the construction of MetroLink.
The most recognizable feature of the bridge is the portion over the river, which
consists of three long steel arch truss spans, as seen in Figure 1. Besides the main river
spans, the historic structure consists of the West Approach, the West Arcade and the East
Arcade. The Eads Bridge also includes two East Approach ramps that had been entirely
replaced before the bridge was 50 years old. The historic structure is approximately 3000
feet in length while the ramps are each approximately 1000 feet long.
FIGURE 1
EADS BRIDGE MAIN SPANS PRIOR TO DECK REPLACEMENT
The demolition portion of the project included removal of the existing deck and toll
facilities on the historic structure and removal of the entire East Aproach ramps. After an
extensive rehabilitation that began in late 1998, the highway deck was re-opened in a
ceremony held July 4, 2003, 129 years after its original debut.
STRUCTURES 2006
Copyright ASCE 2006
您可能关注的文档
- Computing_Essentials_2.pdf
- Concealing Presence Information in Instant Messaging Systems.pdf
- comScore 2010 Europe Digital Year in Review.pdf
- concurrent object recognition and segmentation by graph partitioning-slide.pdf
- Concentrating Solar Power APS Forum March 1- 2, 2008.pdf
- Condition States for Highway Bridges.pdf
- confessions of a miseducated man Introduction.ppt
- Confidence&Fluency.ppt
- Concept of the Beam Exit and Entrance Windows for the TESLA Water based Beam Dumps.pdf
- Confidence.ppt
- Earth Planets Space, 57, 253–259, 2005 An improvement of GPS height estimations stochastic.pdf
- EasyASURO 中文精要操作步骤.pdf
- E-SMARTER-COMMERCE概况.ppt [Compatibility Mode].pdf
- easyUI属性汇总.pdf
- EasyUI组件使用.pdf
- EBSCOhost2.0a.ppt
- EB_Propsim_F8.pdf
- ebookchain白皮书.pdf
- Ecological Optimization For A Generalized Irreversible Carnot Engine With An Universal Heat.pdf
- Econometrics_Slide02.pdf
文档评论(0)