- 5
- 0
- 约4.32千字
- 约 5页
- 2021-08-15 发布于陕西
- 举报
关于英语对话故事带翻译阅读
S: Louis, facy meeting you here.
路易斯,真高兴在这儿碰见你!
L: hi! Susan. What brings you this way?
你好,苏珊.什么风把你吹来了?
S: my father works nearby, and I am gonna meet him for lunch.
我父亲在附近工作,我和他约好了一起吃午饭.
L: but I remember you told me your father retired last year.
我记得你和我说过你父亲去年就退休了.
S: yes, he did, but he has found a new job in a nearby office.
是啊,退了.但是他后来又在附近找了一份新工作.
L: was he worried about making ends meet?
他是担心钱不够花吗?
S: not really, he has a decent pension but he wants to keep physically and mentally active.
不是,他退休金还可以,就是想活动活动.
L: oh, I see. Does your father live with you?
哦,明白了.那你父亲和你们一起住吗?
S: no, my father prefers to live on his own.
没有,他喜欢一个人住.
L: I can understand if he wants to be independent while he still can.
我明白,他是觉得自己身体还可以,可以独立生活.
S: how are your parents? I havent seen them for a long time.
你父母怎么样?我好久没见他们了.
L: theyre fine. Still working but were looking ahead. There is a new fully-equipped retirement home in our neighborhood. Theyve been thinking about moving there when they couldnt live on their own.
他们很好,还在工作但是马上就退休了.我们小区里新开了个养老院设施很齐备,他们考虑过几年就搬去那儿住.
S: oh, really? I have no idea about that but it sounds very convenient.
是吗?没听说啊,不过好像挺方便的.
L: my parents prefer to be independent, you know, and they dont want to be a burden.
我父母想自己住,他们不想成为我们的负担.
S: oh, I see. That sounds great if they can keep some independence but still haveprofessionals nearby just in case.
恩,住那里也不错,他们有一定的自由,又有专业人士在身边,以防万一.
L Hi, Susan Warm today. isnt it?
嗨,苏珊.今天天气很暖和,是吧?
S: You said it. Could you hold this newspaper for me?
是啊。你帮我拿—下报纸好吗?
L Yes. of course. What are you reading?
好啊。你在看什么呢?
S: An article entitled Sunset Love
一篇题为“黄昏恋”的文章。
L: Interesting. Whats it about?
挺有j敏思的,是关于什么的?
S: About a love story between an old professor and a young Iady.
关于一位老教授和一个年轻女士之间的爱情故事.
L DottIey get married in the end?
他们最后结婚了吗?
原创力文档

文档评论(0)