- 1、本文档共5页,可阅读全部内容。
- 2、原创力文档(book118)网站文档一经付费(服务费),不意味着购买了该文档的版权,仅供个人/单位学习、研究之用,不得用于商业用途,未经授权,严禁复制、发行、汇编、翻译或者网络传播等,侵权必究。
- 3、本站所有内容均由合作方或网友上传,本站不对文档的完整性、权威性及其观点立场正确性做任何保证或承诺!文档内容仅供研究参考,付费前请自行鉴别。如您付费,意味着您自己接受本站规则且自行承担风险,本站不退款、不进行额外附加服务;查看《如何避免下载的几个坑》。如果您已付费下载过本站文档,您可以点击 这里二次下载。
- 4、如文档侵犯商业秘密、侵犯著作权、侵犯人身权等,请点击“版权申诉”(推荐),也可以打举报电话:400-050-0827(电话支持时间:9:00-18:30)。
查看更多
高中英语必修三课文详解Book 3 - unit 3
必修三 Unit 3 The Million Pound Band Note百万英镑
Act I, Scene 3
Narrator: It is the summer of 1903.这是1903年的夏天。 Two old and wealthy brothers, Roderick and Oliver, have made a bet.两个年迈而富有的兄弟:罗德里克和奥利弗,进行打赌。【注释:make a bet打赌 eg. I’m good at making a bet on football 310.我擅长打足彩310。】 Oliver believes that with a million pound bank note a man could survive a month in London.奥利弗认为一个拥有一百万英镑支票的人能在伦敦生存一个月。【注释:survive vi.幸存, 活下来 eg. These plants cannot survive in very cold conditions.这些植物在严寒中不能存活。】 His brother Roderick doubts it.他的哥哥对此怀疑。 At this moment, they see a penniless yound man wandering on the pavement outside their house.就在这时,他们看见一位身无分文的年轻人正在他家外的人行道上徘徊。【注释:on the pavement 徘徊街头,没有住处,被遗弃; wandering adj. 漫游的;闲逛的;(精神)恍惚的;错乱的 eg. 1) wandering thoughts 错乱的思想 2) I felt my attention wandering during the lecture.我感到听讲座时老走神。】 It is Henry Adams, an American businessman, who is lost in London and does not know what he should do.它是亨利亚当姆斯,一位美国商人,他在伦敦迷路了,不知道该怎么做。【注释:be lost in全神贯注于;沉湎于;不胜…之至 eg. Lost in thought/ contemplation , he ran into a pole by the roadside.】
Roderick: Young man, would you step inside a moment, please?年轻人,进来坐一会?
Henry: Who? Me, sir?谁?是我吗,先生?【注释:step inside进入 eg. Step inside. Lets get something to eat.进来吧!咱们弄点东西吃。】
Roderick: Yes, you.是的,就是你!
Oliver: Through the front door on you left.通过你左边的前门进来。
Henry: (A servant opens a door) Thanks.(仆人开了一扇门)谢谢!
Servant: Good morning, sir. Would you please come in? Permit me to lead the way, sir.早上好!先生。请进!请允许我带路,先生!
Oliver: (Henry enters) Thank you, James. That will be all.(亨利走了进来)谢谢,詹姆斯,好的。
Roderick: How do you do, Mr… er…?你好!…嗯…先生。
Henry: Adams. Henry Adams.亚当姆斯,亨利亚当姆斯
Roderick: Come and sit down, Mr Adams.来坐下,亚当姆斯先生。
Henry: Thank you.谢谢。
Roderick: You’re American?你是美国人?
Henry: That’s right, from San Francisco.是的,从旧金山来。
Roderick: How well do you know London?你对伦敦很熟悉吗?
Henry: Not at all, it’s my first trip here.一点了不熟悉,这是我第一次来这。
Roderick: I wonder, Mr Adams, if you’d mind us asking a few questions.
文档评论(0)