- 1、原创力文档(book118)网站文档一经付费(服务费),不意味着购买了该文档的版权,仅供个人/单位学习、研究之用,不得用于商业用途,未经授权,严禁复制、发行、汇编、翻译或者网络传播等,侵权必究。。
- 2、本站所有内容均由合作方或网友上传,本站不对文档的完整性、权威性及其观点立场正确性做任何保证或承诺!文档内容仅供研究参考,付费前请自行鉴别。如您付费,意味着您自己接受本站规则且自行承担风险,本站不退款、不进行额外附加服务;查看《如何避免下载的几个坑》。如果您已付费下载过本站文档,您可以点击 这里二次下载。
- 3、如文档侵犯商业秘密、侵犯著作权、侵犯人身权等,请点击“版权申诉”(推荐),也可以打举报电话:400-050-0827(电话支持时间:9:00-18:30)。
查看更多
GOOD EXPRESSIONS OF A NEW ENGLISH COURSE
BOOK THREE UNIT 1
My chances of landing the job were slim.
我得到这份工作的机会很渺茫。
…Four evergreen shrubs stood at each corner, where they struggled to survive the dust and fumes from a busy main road. (广场的)四角各有一簇常青的灌木丛,它们在繁忙的主干道上飞扬的尘雾中挣扎着生存。
He was short and rotund. He had a sandy-coloured moustache, a freckled forehead and hardly any hair. 他身材矮胖,蓄着黄棕色的胡子,前额布满了雀斑,头顶几乎没有头发。
He looked at me with an air of surprised disapproval.
他用吃惊而不满的神情看着我。
What would my salary be? 我的薪水会是多少?
Twelve pounds a week plus lunch. 一星期12英镑外加午餐。
Before I could protest he got to his feet.
我还未来得及提出异议,他已起身站了起来。
Thats the last straw. 真是忍无可忍了。
…………………………………………………………………………………
My mind has been set on becoming a doctor. 我决定当一名医生。
You are capable of a change of heart. 你倒很会改变主意。
He had a sudden premonition that his answer could be crucial.
他突然预感到他的回答将事关成败。
Have you any private means? 你有私人收入吗?
What are your interests? 你有什么兴趣爱好?
How do you spend your spare time? 你业余时间怎样度过?
Did you ever win prizes at anything? 你获得过什么奖吗?
Have any members of your family been in the medical profession?
你家庭成员中有人从事过医生职业吗?
I think that covers pretty well everything. 我想方方面面都涉及到了。
In due course you will hear from us. 你会及时收到我们的通知。
…………………………………………………………………………………
Great minds think alike. 英雄所见略同。
GOOD EXPRESSIONS OF A NEW ENGLISH COURSE
BOOK THREE UNIT 2
Not all holidays are seen as pleasurable occasions.
并非所有假期都是快乐时光。
He looked his goodbye at the garden. 他依依不舍地向花园告别。
Town gardens are small, as a rule, and the Longs garden was no exception to the rule. 城镇的庭院通常都很小,朗家的庭院也不例外。
Try to be good. 尽量放乖一点。
We are glad to help out. 我们很高兴帮忙。
Tom waved goodbye angrily to his mother. 汤姆生气地向母亲挥手告别。
He knew he was being rude. 他知道他当时很无礼。
An echo is created. 前后呼应。
…………………………………………………………………………………...
Your shoe lace is undone. 你的鞋带没有系好。/ 你的鞋带松了。
Your belt is hanging. 你的皮带松了。
Needless to say the people they most want to fool are the people who have just fooled them. 不用说,他们最想骗的人就是刚才骗过他们的人。
At play ti
文档评论(0)